Don’t just imagine your next timber project, but see and feel the wood before you make the decision. With our exclusive Timber Sample Fan, you'll get 15 high-quality pieces of real wood samples; each piece measuring 35mm by 150mm by 2·5mm thick (approx.). Ideal for planning, design and use as a discussion aid for use with colleagues and customers.
Timber Real Wood Sample Fan
Estimated dispatch 15/12/2023
Each fan contains one sample each of our most popular hardwood and softwood timbers: Maple, Ash, American Oak, Walnut, Poplar, Cherry, European Oak, Yellow Pine, Iroko, Utile, Douglas Fir, Obeche, Steamed Beech, Idigbo and Accoya clearly labelled for reference. Natural light will over time affect the appearance of all timbers; storing the fan closed when not in use will help to maintain the fresh-cut appearance.
These fans are samples of unfinished wood and as such can only be an indication of the appearance of another piece of wood from the same spices. Each piece of wood is a natural product and as such unique. Some variation in grain patterns, knots, sapwood and colour must be expected.
- Hardwood and softwood sample pieces
- Great for making an informed decision on your timber purchase
- Each piece measures 35mm x 150mm x 2·5mm thick (approx.)
- Important: natural light will over time affect the appearance of all timbers
Great sample fan!
by Mr.istrods (03/10/2023)
Like it a lot
by Lynda.cull (08/08/2022)
Great service, easy to order, quick delivery.
Excellent sample tool for our clients
by Sharon B (08/02/2022)
It's often difficult to describe the look and feel of timber to a client that knows little of the material. This is a great little sample fan to have.
Handy little reference
by Darren_rule (06/16/2020)
Good to have in your workshop when planning projects.
Handy tool to have as it helps makng a decision.
by Timwhe.tw (05/11/2020)
Very happy with the prompt delivery service and impressed with the fans quality. This should help me decide which would to use for various applications I have in mind. I would however suggest that you enclose a brief overview on each wood detailing durability, effects of aging and environment, and importantly ease or difficulty in the various methods of fixing, i.e screws, nails, tacks, glue Etc.
Simple and useful
by Djdodddc10 (05/08/2020)
Clear labelling, handy size, very useful.
by Joss (11/29/2019)
nice size so gives a good idea of the colours and touch feel of a large portion of the various woods that are sold.
Very handy for architects/designers/joiners
by Alan.milliken (11/15/2019)
Wish I'd had it sooner!
Best way to compare woods
by Alison (11/15/2019)
This is such a clever and effective idea as the fan shows you immediately the varying differences in wood colours and grain. Brilliant! Well worth the small investment. Arrived very promptly
by Mark.perkins1 (08/29/2019)
One sample missing but sent on afterwards
- Express delivery on all orders once machined.
- Click & Collect is available from our Falmouth store.
- All orders are expertly packed to ensure against damages.
- Delivery costs will be automatically calculated using the weight, size and delivery location of your order so delivery rates will vary.
Palletised Delivery Information
- Due to the size and weight of goods, some items will be sent via a roadside palletised delivery.
- We will contact you prior to dispatch to arrange a convenient weekday delivery.
- If a large curtain-sided lorry (the size of a double-decker bus) is unable to access/vacate your premises or pull-up outside the property (restricted access) your pallet may be sent on a ‘Book-In’ service, which means your local depot will contact you and arrange a date and suitable delivery transport with you. Your local delivery depot will call the next working day after dispatch to book the delivery with you for delivery within 5 working days.
- If a large curtain-sided lorry (the size of a double-decker bus) is able to access your premises and pull up outside the property, your pallet can be delivered on the next weekday suitable for you. Please let us know by 11:00 am the day before, so that we can dispatch in time.
Please be aware, if a forklift is unavailable at the delivery address (e.g. a residential address) people will be required to unload from the pallet by hand. This is for the health and safety of the delivery driver.
We use a third-party courier service who have a strict policy on abuse or harassment towards their drivers. In any case where there is abuse or harassment, the driver is within their rights to refuse delivery.
It is your responsibility to dispose of all packaging and pallets, this is for the health and safety of the delivery driver.
Please download Pallettrack's Home Delivery guide for more information on their roadside delivery service.
- If you wish to arrange a collection with a courier of your choice then we are more than happy to package the goods for you. Please email us your full cutting list for specific prices and estimated weight and dimensions.
- Contactless collection is an option for any order. Our collections take place at our workshop in Falmouth, Cornwall between the hours of 9 am-4 pm any weekday excluding bank holidays.
- We will contact you once the goods are ready to collect, so a convenient timeslot can be arranged.
Returns should be sent to the following address:
Bickland Business Centre
Tregoniggie Industrial Estate
Bickland Water Road
Please see our full returns policy in our terms of supply document (Clause 9)