Our cut-to-size Western Red Cedar timber is a very lightweight, relatively soft material for a range of woodworking applications. Light reddish-brown to dark reddish-brown in colour with a tight, straight grain, it's very easy to work, but has a coarse texture and is relatively brittle, which can cause splintering.
Cedar Cut to Size
Estimated dispatch 08/12/2023
Tools need to be kept sharp when working to ensure a good finish. Its softwood character can lead to bruising, meaning that care is needed to obtain the best results.
When used outside, this timber will weather to a silver/grey colour, desired by many.
Name: Thuja plicata
Origin: North America and Canada
Uses: Cladding, exterior joinery, decking, greenhouse/summer house manufacturing
Good quality and work
by Deniseacc1 (04/22/2021)
The timber was slightly more flexible than ideal but ok. I had to sand the bars to make them really smooth. Not a problem. They look good and fit perfectly. Thank you.
by Rgepage (03/17/2021)
The best wood money can buy. If you want perfect wood for the perfect job woodshopdirect is the place to go. Beautiful wood beautifully packaged too!!
It was very good quality.
by Cdiamond901 (03/02/2021)
It was very good quality.
by Strivingsignaller (01/22/2021)
Difficult to obtain elsewhere and exactly what I needed. High quality product.
High quality product and finish
by Mark.dodson (10/23/2020)
Exceptional finish and well packaged for the journey. Arguably a bit too well finished for its role as backing boards in my new cedar greenhouse!
by David.aj.steel (10/20/2020)
Cedar wood was cut to exact measurements. Arrived nicely wrapped up. Happy with the little bespoke cupboard door I made with it.
by Neilknowles (09/24/2020)
I bought various pieces of timber, all were beautifully presented and packaged. I would not hesitate to order from these guys again.
exactly as expected
by Terry.main.ac (08/25/2020)
No surprised, got exactly what I ordered.
Perfect for the job
by Dwright1941 (08/12/2020)
My greenhouse should last me out!
Great product and service
by Parker-bill (08/12/2020)
After ordering I was able to make changes to the order and this was processed perfectly and delivered on time.
- Express delivery on all orders once machined.
- Click & Collect is available from our Falmouth store.
- All orders are expertly packed to ensure against damages.
- Delivery costs will be automatically calculated using the weight, size and delivery location of your order so delivery rates will vary.
Palletised Delivery Information
- Due to the size and weight of goods, some items will be sent via a roadside palletised delivery.
- We will contact you prior to dispatch to arrange a convenient weekday delivery.
- If a large curtain-sided lorry (the size of a double-decker bus) is unable to access/vacate your premises or pull-up outside the property (restricted access) your pallet may be sent on a ‘Book-In’ service, which means your local depot will contact you and arrange a date and suitable delivery transport with you. Your local delivery depot will call the next working day after dispatch to book the delivery with you for delivery within 5 working days.
- If a large curtain-sided lorry (the size of a double-decker bus) is able to access your premises and pull up outside the property, your pallet can be delivered on the next weekday suitable for you. Please let us know by 11:00 am the day before, so that we can dispatch in time.
Please be aware, if a forklift is unavailable at the delivery address (e.g. a residential address) people will be required to unload from the pallet by hand. This is for the health and safety of the delivery driver.
We use a third-party courier service who have a strict policy on abuse or harassment towards their drivers. In any case where there is abuse or harassment, the driver is within their rights to refuse delivery.
It is your responsibility to dispose of all packaging and pallets, this is for the health and safety of the delivery driver.
Please download Pallettrack's Home Delivery guide for more information on their roadside delivery service.
- If you wish to arrange a collection with a courier of your choice then we are more than happy to package the goods for you. Please email us your full cutting list for specific prices and estimated weight and dimensions.
- Contactless collection is an option for any order. Our collections take place at our workshop in Falmouth, Cornwall between the hours of 9 am-4 pm any weekday excluding bank holidays.
- We will contact you once the goods are ready to collect, so a convenient timeslot can be arranged.
Returns should be sent to the following address:
Bickland Business Centre
Tregoniggie Industrial Estate
Bickland Water Road
Please see our full returns policy in our terms of supply document (Clause 9)